Assessment of homeless individuals and community needs
Directly provide food, camping equipment, bedding, clothing, water, and other essential items
Provide showers and laundry services
Arrange transportation to doctors, hospitals, case managers, psychologists, and substance abuse programs
Emergency Warming Center
The center is open during extreme hazardous weather which is determined by Thurston County. Code Blue is the term used for this call.
The following accommodations and services will be provided to those who are admitted to the Cold Weather Warming Center:
• Heated shelter at the Yelm Community Center
• Bedding to include a cot, two blankets, and a pillow
• Storage for personal items in a name labeled plastic tote
• “Shop for Free" including, but not limited to, clothing, socks, shoes, and coats
• Hydration and food including various cold & hot drinks, and snacks. One prepared soup and/or sandwich meal a day may be provided when resources exist.
• Hygiene support via facility restrooms
• Social Service Referrals include referrals to healthcare doctors and mental health providers.